Mastery of basic stitch techniques is the foundation for achieving beautiful results with your hand embroidery projects. Join this three hour class and learn with the wonderful tutor Bella Lane the art of long and short stitches, together with some fundamental shading techniques to complete this lovely embroidered Daffodil. This is a perfect project for those who would like to start embroidering floral designs.
is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to set up the fabric properly in an embroidery hoop
- How to use the best fabric, needles, threads for this technique
- Participants can apply the same techniques for their own projects
- Also, students will have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craft person
TIME: 10 - 1pm
PRICE: £40 / £35 Concessions or £65 / £60 if booking the FULL DAY (AM - Embroidered Daffodil. Lunch break. PM - Introduction to Opus Anglicanum Embroidery & French Knots)
Bella will be preparing a special embroidery kits for £12 containing instruction sheet, needles & good quality embroidery threads (payable to Bella on the day)
and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop
after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
Suggested follow on classes with Bella Lane:
- Introduction to Opus Anglicanum Embroidery & French Knots (Sunday16th February, 2 - 5pm)
- 'Arpilleras' of Peru - Mini Master Class (Saturday 1st April, 10am - 1pm)
- Stitch by hand an 'Andean Rose' - Mini Master Class (Saturday 1st April, 2 - 5pm)