- This event has passed.
Learn hand embroidery & stitch an ‘Andean Rose’
28th July 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£55
Andean embroideries are fascinating and inspirational works of art used on indigenous costumes in Peru and its mountainous neighbouring countries for thousands of years. Join the wonderful tutor Bella Lane and master the technique in three hours in this mini master class, working and stitching a beautiful “Andean Rose” inspired by a “Festivity Pollera” (skirt) using original Andean hand embroidery threads. A perfect master class for the beginner to hand embroidery.
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- learn a range of stitches
- understand how to work technically a beautiful Peruvian Rose step by step
- have the opportunity to study some indigenous costumes of Peru
- participants can apply the same technique for their own projects
- students will have picked up some ‘insider’ tips and tricks from a master craft person
Class includes a pre prepared embroidery kit by Bella with everything you need for the class and a complimentary glass of prosecco at the end!
LEVEL: All levels welcome.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)