Introduction to Andean embroidery
July 28 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£55
Create this beautiful flower design and enjoy an introduction to Peruvian Andean embroidery, exploring the art and rich heritage of hand stitching in the Andes. This class is a window through which you will have an indigenous insight into the art of Peruvian textiles, their design, formation and coloration.
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
Learn more about Bella and the history and culture of ‘Andean’ embroidery on my Blog HERE
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- learn a range of hand embroidery stitches
- understand how to work technically a beautiful Peruvian flower design step by step
- have the opportunity to study some indigenous costumes of Peru
- participants can apply the same technique for their own projects
- students will have picked up some ‘insider’ tips and tricks from a master craft person
Includes a special embroidery kit pre prepared by Bella with everything you need for the class and a complimentary glass of Proscecco at the end of the class!
LEVEL: All levels are welcome
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)