Sashiko, meaning ‘little stab’ is the Japanese art of stitching beautiful patterns using running stitch. Often used to add strength,
In this class you will learn:
– How to mark up your patterns on fabric using a variety of pens and templates
– How to stitch neatly and precisely, Sashiko is all about even stitching!
– The rights and wrongs turning corners, crossing lines and intersections
– Starting and finishing a row of stitch allowing room for stretching and washing
– How to make a hatamusubi (loom knot) to maximize the use of your thread
In the afternoon Rob will teach “Boro” – the Japanese art of mending using Sashiko stitching. A discount is offered when you book the full day!
TIME: 11am – 1:30pm
Class Size: Now reduced to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
PRICE: £95 (Full Day – Sashiko & Boro) or £50
HOW TO BOOK: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Health Guidelines for this Event
Rob JonesLondon-based Romor Designs was formed in the autumn of 2015 by Rob Jones, a shibori textiles designer and natural firstname.lastname@example.org