Enjoy a day in the studio with Barley and other sewers, remaking silk accessories into a unique top . Barley
All Levels of sewers are welcome but you do need to know your way around the sewing machine and have made a few items before (not necessarily clothing)
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
– Cut a simple garment pattern with ‘raglan sleeve’ detail
– Assemble the fabric pieces on the machine
– Explore colour and design through patch-working
– Work with delicate fabrics such as silk
– Add a stretch binding (around the neckline)
– Use an over-locker to finish off raw edges and give a professional finish
– Explore the art of ‘upcycling’ and Look at ‘old clothes’ from a new perspective!
Class Size: 4 participants
Class Includes: Threads, tools & use of ‘Brother’ sewing machines.
PLEASE BRING: Bring enough materials to make your desired sized top – we recommend at least 3 square vintage head scarves and / or at least 6 men’s silk ties (please unpick and iron open before the workshop) or a combination of both!
HOW TO BOOK: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)
Health Guidelines for this Event
Barley MasseyTextile Designer Maker & Founder/Caretaker of Fabrications Venuebarley@fabrications1.co.uk 7 Broadway Market
Fabrications7 Broadway MarketThe workshop / event takes place in the Fabrications "Imaginerium" studio located downstairs from the shop area.