14aug11:00 am5:30 pmMake your own silk top from vintage scarves or tiesLearn how to work with delicate fabrics with Barley Massey whilst remaking vintage scarves or ties into your own unique silk top!
Enjoy a day in the studio with Barley and other sewers, remaking silk accessories into a unique top .
All Levels of sewers are welcome but you do need to know your way around the sewing machine and have made a few items before (not necessarily clothing)
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
– Cut a simple garment pattern with ‘raglan sleeve’ detail
– Assemble the fabric pieces on the machine
– Explore colour and design through patch-working
– Work with delicate fabrics such as silk
– Add a stretch binding (around the neckline)
– Use an over-locker to finish off raw edges and give a professional finish
– Explore the art of ‘upcycling’ and Look at ‘old clothes’ from a new perspective!
Class Size: Now reduced to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
Class Includes: Threads, tools & use of ‘Brother’ sewing machines.
PLEASE BRING: Bring enough materials to make your desired sized top – we recommend at least 3 square vintage head scarves and / or at least 6 men’s silk ties (please unpick and iron open before the workshop) + 1 scarf
HOW TO BOOK: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)
Health Guidelines for this Event
Barley MasseyTextile Designer Maker & Founder/Caretaker of Fabrications Venuebarley@fabrications1.co.uk 7 Broadway Market
Fabrications7 Broadway MarketThe workshop / event takes place in the Fabrications "Imaginerium" studio located downstairs from the shop area.