Join Barley Massey on a creative patchwork and quilting experience! This class is ideal for those of you, who are new to patchwork quilting
Techniques will use machine sewing skills and some hand sewing. New or rusty sewers are welcome but If you have never used a sewing machine before, we recommend attending our ‘Beginners Sewing 1’ (introduction to using a sewing machine) class first.
In the morning you will create a series of sample ‘blocks’. In the afternoon, piece together your samples, add wadding, quilt together and turn them into your own unique laptop, tablet case or envelope style cushion.
On completion of the class, participants should confidently be able to:
– Have an understand of patch working and quilting techniques both traditional and modern.
– Use a machine to piece together fabric pieces creatively to form a new fabric
– Gain an overview on how to create patterns and designs through patchwork ‘Blocks’
– Experiment with ‘Freestyle’ machining and hand stitching for quilting
– Explore colour, texture and creative expression using textile remnants.
– See the potential to translate ideas into practical items such as cases, cushions, quilts, garments or expressive textile art pieces.
All materials and equipment provided.
TIME: 11am – 5:30pm
Class Size: Now reduced to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
HOW TO BOOK: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)
Health Guidelines for this Event
Barley MasseyTextile Designer Maker & Founder/Caretaker of Fabrications Venuebarley@fabrications1.co.uk 7 Broadway Market
Fabrications7 Broadway MarketThe workshop / event takes place in the Fabrications "Imaginerium" studio located downstairs from the shop area.