Our Beginners Knitting classes have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only
Our Beginners Knitting classes have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce you to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The classes are taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise! There will also be some homework in between classes to keep up your practise and to help you gain more understanding and confidence with the techniques shown during class.
You can book each class individually or book both and get a discount!
Part 1: Saturday 2nd October, 11am – 1:30pm
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Part 2: Saturday 9th October, 11am – 1:30pm
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
– Start getting a sense of knitting patterns and how they work.
Class Size: 8 students
Class Includes: A starter knitting kit and top up yarn.
PRICE: £40 (individual session) or £70 (Part 1 & 2)
TO BOOK: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps) It is limited to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
Health Guidelines for this Event
Barley MasseyTextile Designer Maker & Founder/Caretaker of Fabrications Venuebarley@fabrications1.co.uk 7 Broadway Market
Fabrications7 Broadway MarketThe workshop / event takes place in the Fabrications "Imaginerium" studio located downstairs from the shop area.