Our Beginners Knitting course has been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will
Our Beginners Knitting course has been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce you to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading.
The classes are taught by Lola Johnson of Third Vault Yarns, who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise! There will also be some homework in between classes to keep up your practise and to help you gain more understanding and confidence with the techniques shown during class.
Part 1: Thursday 10th March, 6:30 – 9pm
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Part 2: Thursday 24th March, 6:30 – 9pm
– Refresh on skills from Part 1
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
Part 3: Thursday 7th April, 6:30 – 9pm
– Refresh on skills from Part 1 & 2
– Decode the language / abbreviations used in knitting patterns and apply to your knitting
– Follow a simple pattern from start to finish.
– Understanding the importance of tension squares, sizing and proportions to get the right fit.
– Get advice on a project you would like to start.
Class Size: 8 students
Class Includes: A starter kit, worksheets, and wool for your homework project
Price: £100 (3 eves – every other Thursday)
To Book: Contact us directly on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)
Health Guidelines for this Event
Lola Johnson (Third Vault Yarns)Lola is the dyer and designer behind Third Vault Yarns. With years of experience from learning to knit at a young age, she has taken that experience into designing patterns using a wide range of techniques - which she delights in sharing and helping others to build their skills with fun and different patterns. Designs for Lola's classes will draw inspiration from her books "Board Game Knits"
Fabrications7 Broadway MarketThe workshop / event takes place in the Fabrications "Imaginerium" studio located downstairs from the shop area.