Creative Patchwork Quilting
December 6 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join Barley Massey on a creative patchwork and quilting experience! This class is ideal for those of you, who are new to patchwork quilting or those of you, who want to explore upcycling and creative ways of sewing.
Techniques will use machine sewing skills and some hand sewing. New or rusty sewers are welcome but If you have never used a sewing machine before, we recommend attending our ‘Beginners Sewing 1’ (introduction to using a sewing machine) class first.
In the morning you will create a series of sample ‘blocks’. In the afternoon, piece together your samples, add wadding, quilt together and turn them into your own unique laptop or tablet case.
On completion of the class, participants should confidently be able to:
– Have an understand of patchworking and quilting techniques both traditional and modern.
– Use a machine to piece together fabric pieces creatively to form a new fabric
– Gain an overview on how to create patterns and designs through patchwork ‘Blocks’
– Experiment with ‘Freestyle’ machining and hand stitching for quilting
– Explore colour, texture and creative expression using textile remnants.
– See the potential to translate ideas into practical items such as cases, cushions, quilts, garments or expressive textile art pieces.
Class Size: Now reduced to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
Class Includes: All materials, tools and use of ‘Brother’ sewing machines.
Covid – 19 Safety Measures we are implementing.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)