- This event has passed.
Beginners Knitting 3
February 1 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm£35
Our Beginners Knitting (Parts 1, 2 & 3) have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise! There will also be some homework in between classes to keep up your practise and to help you gain more understanding and confidence with the techniques shown during class.
If you are already have basic knitting skills but wish to progress some aspects of your knitting you may want to join part 2 or 3. Classes can be booked individually or we offer a discount if you book all 3 sessions.
Beginners Knitting Part 1: Saturday 4th January, 11am – 1.30pm:
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Beginners Knitting Part 2: Saturday 18th January, 11am – 1.30pm:
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
Beginners Knitting part 3: Saturday 1st February, 11am – 1.30pm:
– Decode the terminology used in knitting patterns
– Understand the abbreviations and apply to your knitting
– Spot mistakes and how to rectify
– Follow a simple pattern from start to finish
– How to sew in loose ends and complete your itemn to get a professional finish
A starter kit is included with the classes, as well as top up yarn as you go!
PRICE: £35 or £90 (block book part 1, 2 & 3)
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)