Beginners Knitting 1
October 4 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm£60
Our Beginners Knitting class has been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first steps into the world of knitting. The class will not only introduce you to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise! There will also be some homework at the end to keep up your practise and to help you gain more understanding and confidence with the techniques shown during class.
In the morning:
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
In the afternoon:
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
– Get a sense of knitting patterns and how they work.
Class Size: Now reduced to 4 participants to ensure social distancing.
Covid – 19 Safety Measures we have implemented
PRICE: £60 Includes a starter pack.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)