- This event has passed.
Beginners Knitting 1
November 9 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm£35
Our Beginners Knitting (Parts 1 & 2 & 3) have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first steps into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise!
If you are already have basic knitting skills but wish to progress some aspects of your knitting you may want to join part 2 or 3. Classes can be booked individually (£35) or we offer a discount if you book all 3 sessions (£90)
Beginners Knitting Part 1: Saturday 9th November:
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Beginners Knitting Part 2: Saturday 16th November
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches
Part 3 – Learn to knit a ‘cabled’ hat: Saturday 16th November, 2.30 – 5pm
– Create ribbing for elastication
– Learn a basic cable twist, creating texture to your knitting
– Decrease and create shaping for the crown
– Spot mistakes and how to rectify
– Follow a simple hat pattern from start to finnish
For this class you will require: 100g of DK yarn and 4mm needles (You will be eligible for a 10% discount when purchasing knitting supplies for any of our knitting classes in our shop)
PRICE: £35 (per class) or £90 ( part 1 & 2 & cabled hat) Includes a starter pack, top up yarns and refreshments.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)