The ‘Improvers Sewing'
class is designed to help participants make more of a sewing machine, enhance basic sewing machine skills and is a natural a follow on class to our 'Provisional Driving'
or for those who already have some basic sewing machine skills but would like to progress further.
Through this class you will develop the confidence in inserting zips, making buttonholes and adding bias binding whilst creating your own stylish 'Utility Roll'
(great keep tidy case for your sewing notions, brushes, make up etc) designed by your teacher Barley Massey.
The skills covered in this morning session will then be put into practise in the afternoon's class to create a simple garment fitted to your body - 'Make a simple & stylish skirt or shorts'
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to use different accessories that accompany domestic sewing machines, such as zipper, buttonhole feet.
- Stitch different sizes and styles of buttonholes.
- Attach zips in a variety of ways.
- Apply a bias binding to embelish and finish a raw edge.
- Create your own stylish 'Utility Roll' (suitable for your sewing notions, make up, pencils/brushes etc)
TIME: 11 - 1.30pm
PRICE: £30 / £25 conc. Includes materials and refreshments.
OR if you book for the FULL DAY £50 / £45 (Morning: 'Making the most of your sewing machine. Lunch Break put everything you've learnt in the morning into practise in the afternoon class: 'Make a simple & stylish gathered skirt or shorts)
BOOK IN PERSON
Suggested follow on workshop:
- 'Make your own stylish skirt'
- 'Refresh your Wardrobe'
- Working with Silk (Camisole & knickers from vintage silk scarves)
- Working with Jersey (Make a 'Tilly & the Buttons' Coco top or dress)