Beginners Knitting Part 1 & 2 have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first step into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting but also offer practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise!
If you are already have basic knitting skills but wish to progress some aspects of your knitting you may want to join part 2. Sessions can be booked individually or as a mini course of 2 sessions (a discount is offered when you block book) Beginners Knitting Part 1: Saturday 28th January
On completion of this workshop, participants should confidently be able to:
- Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
- Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
- Complete a plain stitch.
- Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
- Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Beginners Knitting Part 2: Saturday 4th January
On completion of this class, participants should confidently be able to:
- Complete a purl stitch.
- Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
- Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches.
2 - 4.30pmPRICE:
£30 / £25 conc individual session or £50 / £45 when you block book part 1 & 2 ( includes a starter pack and refreshments)BOOK IN PERSONBOOK ONLINE
Suggested follow on workshop:
- Learn to knit socks on 2 needles
- Learn to knit a 'Top Down' cardigan or sweater