Put your best foot forward and join the inspirational Sue Russell (And experienced teacher and the person behind the handmade wool-n-dance knitting needles on sale in the Fabrications Shop
) , who will guide you through the process of knitting socks from top to toe! September is an ideal time to learn sock knitting, as it gives you enough time to produce socks as personal Christmas gifts and keeping those feet warm ready for winter!
Sue Russell is always keen to pass on spinning, so during the break there will be opportunity to get an overview of spinning and try some 'drop spindle' work, which is a great introduction to understanding how spinning fibres works.Learning Outcomes
On completion of this workshop, participants will confidently be able to:
- Cast onto 4 double pointed needles and knit on the round
- Create ribbing for elastication
- Experience 3d knitting
- Understand how to 'turn the heel' by picking up stitches
- Decrease and create shaping for the toes
- Introduce colour to create pattern or text on the socks.
- Follow Sue's simple sock pattern from start to finnishTIME:
1 - 5pmPRICE:
£50 / £45 conc. Includes a set of Sue's 'Wool-n-Dance' handmade wooden double pointed needles, yarn to experiment with and Sue's sock pattern. Refreshments will also be served.BOOK IN PERSON