The 'Constructive Textiles' Weaving workshop will provide an inspiring overview of simple, low tech weaving methods including weaving on a simple frame loom and peg loom weaving. All levels of maker are welcome including children age 8yrs +
On completion of the workshop, participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand the difference between 'warp' and 'weft'
- Understand how to 'thread up' a frame loom and peg loom and how to weave your own fabrics
- Play with colour and design - 'paint' with threads
- Apply textured areas including knotting, tuffted areas, fringing & tassles
- Realise ideas into completed woven piece which can be an artwork or turned into something else!
10am - 12.30pmPRICE:
£30 / £25 Concessions OR
£55 / £45 2 x 'Constructive Textiles' sessions OR
£75 / £60 3 x 'Constructive Textiles' sessions.
Saturday 25th February : Weaving
Saturday 4th March : Macrame
Saturday 11th March : MACRO knitting
All materials included and use of equipmentBOOK IN PERSON