This workshop will introduce you to working with jersey. From how to cut out your patterns, tips on setting up and using a domestic sewing machine and build your confidence and enthusiasm to work with jersey! Barley will guide you through the process of making a stylish 'Coco'
dress or top from a 'Tilly & the Buttons' pattern. (There is a choice of 3 designs)On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to set up a domestic sewing machine to work with jersey
- Cut a simple garment pattern
- Assemble the jersey pieces on the machine and best approach
- Add finishing touches such as a pocket or funnel neckline
- Make many other versions of Tilly & the Buttons 'Coco' design with your pattern.
TIME: 11am - 5pm
PRICE: £65 / £60 (Includes 'Tilly & the Buttons' Coco pattern worth £12.50)
YOU WILL NEED: To bring your own medium weight knit fabric / jersey that's not too thin or stretchy
Dress: 2.7m (115cm wide) or 2m (150cm)
Funnel neck top: 2.7m (115cm wide) or 1.8m (150cm)
Top: 2.2m (115cm wide) or 1.5m (150cm)
BOOK IN PERSON