Valentine Workshop Week with Bella Lane
Interested to learn and stitch Opus Anglicanum medieval embroidery? Some of you may have visited the V&A exhibition and are feeling inspired!
This class is the perfect opportunity to grasp the art of stitching traditional English techniques. Join the wonderful tutor, Bella Lane and stitch your own “Cupid” from scratch using these ancient skills. You will be working with the finest silk embroidery threads on silk embroidery fabric.
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to set up the fabric properly in an embroidery hoop
- How to use the best fabric, needles, threads for this technique
- Participants can apply the same technique for their own projects
- Also, students will have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craft person
TIME: 2 - 5pm
PRICE: £40 / £35 Concessions or £65 / £60 if booking the FULL DAY (AM - Embroidered Daffodil. Lunch break. PM - Introduction to Opus Anglicanum Embroidery & French Knots)
Bella will be preparing a special embroidery kits for £16 containing instruction sheet, needles & good quality embroidery threads (payable to Bella on the day)
and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop
after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
Suggested follow on classes with Bella Lane:
- 'Arpilleras' of Peru - Mini Master Class (Saturday 1st April, 10am - 1pm)
- Stitch by hand an 'Andean Rose' - Mini Master Class (Saturday 1st April, 2 - 5pm)