‘Beginners Sewing 1’ – introduction to using a sewing machine
September 2 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm£35
Our ‘Beginners Sewing 1’ – Introduction To Using a Sewing Machine class has been developed to address the needs of those who have little or no experience of using a sewing machine. Through this class participants will learn not only basic sewing machine skills, but will develop the confidence to progress onto making things for themselves using a sewing machine.
In the afternoon, put your new found skills into practice to create a practical item (an applique cushion or lined tote style bag) in the “Creative Making on the Machine” class. We offer a discount when booking the full day.
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin.
- feed fabric through, sew in a straight line and turn corners.
- explore the range of features and stitches on the machine.
- sew different types of seams.
- understand how to hem the edge of the cloth.
- apply a pocket and patches.
Includes our ‘Learn to Sew’ textile handout (T-Towel) , other materials, use of sewing machines and refreshments.
We also offer a follow on class ‘Beginners Sewing 2’ – zips, buttonholes & bindings & make your own sewing roll, followed by an afternoon class ‘make your own simple & stylish skirt or shorts’ and offer a further ‘bundle discount’. Save £30*
* Based on original price of £35 per class.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)