- This event has passed.
‘Provisional Driving’ – introduction to using a sewing machine
12th August 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm£35
The ‘Provisional Driving’ Introduction To Using a Sewing Machine class has been developed to address the needs of those who have little or no experience of using a sewing machine. Through this class participants will learn not only basic sewing machine skills, but will develop the confidence to progress onto making things for themselves using a sewing machine.
In the afternoon, put your new found skills into practise to create a practical item (an applique cushion or lined tote style bag) in the “Creative Making on the Machine” class. We offer a discount when booking both classes!
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin.
- feed fabric through, sew in a straight line and turn corners.
- explore the range of features and stitches on the machine.
- sew different types of seams.
- understand how to hem the edge of the cloth.
- apply a pocket and patches.
Includes our ‘Learn to Sew’ textile handout (T-Towel) , other materials, use of sewing machines and refreshments.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)