- This event has passed.
Moody Bright introduction to hand embroidery stitches
11th August 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm£45
Spend an enjoyable experience with artist Milou Stella learning different hand embroidery stitches, how to create different compositions and ways to transfer designs onto fabric and garments. Milou’s “Moody Bright Embroidery” workshops are very versatile, concentrating on stitches to express one’s creativity, with a focus on zero-waste and upcycling, this class offers a variety of techniques to suit your taste and interests. The day is divided in two parts:
MORNING CLASS: Moody Bright Hand Embroidery Workshop
AFTERNOON CLASS : Upcycle a garment using a folk inspired embroidery pattern (or your own!)
Each class stands alone but also work together (a discount is offered if you book the full day!) If you have no hand embroidery experience it is advisable to attend the morning or full day
Milou Stella set up Moody Bright Designs – a project that focuses on hand embroidered customisation of second-hand items. As a trained painter (Slade school of art), she plays with contrast, colour and texture. She began “Moody Bright Designs” as a response to concerns about fast fashion and the environment, with an urgent need to slow down and appreciate the process of making something unique and of quality, whilst avoiding waste as much as possible.
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
– Understand how to transfer a design onto cloth or clothing
– Explore a range of hand embroidery stitches including: Running Stitch, Back Stitch, Whipped Back Stitch, Laced Back Stitch,Split Stitch, Chain Stitch, Blanket Stitch, Lazy Daisy, Satin Stitch, French Knot, Bullion Stitch, Satin Stitch, Long & Short Stitch
– Design your own or use existing floral designs for hand embroidery
– Feel inspired to apply the same technique to your own projects
– Pick up some ‘insider’ tips, tricks and approaches from a practising artist.
Includes a special embroidery kit pre prepared by Millou with everything you need for the class. There will also be other equipment you can use during the class (hoops & scissors)
NB: If you plan to attend the afternoon class, please bring along an item of clothing to customise (as a first project we recommend something made of medium weight, stable cloth and not too stretchy eg cotton / linen tops, shirts, sweatshirt.
LEVEL: All levels are welcome
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)