- This event has passed.
“Liberated” Patchwork Quilting
September 16 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm£80
Join Jill Bulgan on a creative patchwork and quilting experience! This class is ideal for those of you, who are new to patchwork quilting or those of you, who want to explore experimental ways of working.
Techniques will combine hand and machine sewing skills. If you have never used a sewing machine before, we recommend attending our ‘Beginners Sewing 1’ (introduction to using a sewing machine) class first.
In the morning you will create a series of sample ‘blocks’. In the afternoon, piece together the blocks, add wadding and quilting stitches and assemble your own personalised ‘envelope style’ cushion cover or start a larger project (such a quilt) to be completed at home or at our fortnightly ‘Craft Club’
On completion of the class, participants should confidently be able to:
- Have an understanding of patchworking and quilting techniques and how to ‘break the rules’
- Use a sewing machine to piece together fabric pieces creatively to form a new fabric
- Experiment with hand ‘running stitch’ the basis of most quilting designs
- Explore colour, texture and creative expression using textile remnants.
- See the potential to translate ideas into practical items such as cushions, quilts, garments or expressive textile art pieces.
All materials and equipment provided (but you are welcome to bring your own materials too!)
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)