- This event has passed.
Goldwork Embroidery Mimosa
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£55
Join Bella Lane and expand your understanding of hand embroidery. Goldwork embroidery is one of the richest techniques of hand embroidery. It has been practised from ancient times, using gold, silver, copper and wire threads, originally in ecclesiastical and ceremonial costumes in Europe. Today goldwork embroidery appears in art forms and in fashion.
This beautiful Goldwork hand embroidered “Mimosa” design will take you to the next level of goldwork. Learning and stitching principal techniques of working with gold & silver threads. Bring your reading or stitching glasses if necessary, as the work is fine!
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Undertand how to set up the fabric in the embrodery hoop and best types of needles and threads to use
- Use couching stitches to attach the gold thread
- Add beads, sequins sequrely and neatly as additional embelishments
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the Goldwork
- Have picked up some ‘insider’ tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
- Feel inspired to embark on your own Goldwork embroidery designs!
Includes a special embroidery kit pre prepared by Bella containing instruction sheet, good quality embroidery needle, threads, fabric, design and a complimentary glass of Prosecco & refreshments at the end of the session!
All levels welcome.