- This event has passed.
Creative making on the sewing machine (applique cushion or tote style bag)
11th November 2018 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm£35
Drawing inspiration from some of Barley Massey’s upcycled designs, ‘Creative Making on the machine’ has been developed for participants new to using a sewing machine, wishing to combine creative re use, fabric construction and machine sewing to transform items of old clothing or fabric remnants into practical objects. The focus in this class will be making a cushion cover or tote style bag. This is an ideal follow on class to the morning ’Beginners Sewing 1’ (introduction to using a sewing machine) class. A discount is offered when you book for the full day!
On completion of this class, participants will confidently be able to:
- set up and use a sewing machine
- understand the principles of basic pattern making and cutting
- create decoration by combining decorative stitches and appliqué
- make a 3d functional object
- realise your creative ideas into a personalised cushion cover or tote style bag
Includes all materials (but you are welcome to bring your own) and refreshments.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)