Beginners Sewing 2 – zips, buttonholes, bindings & create a ‘utility roll’
November 17 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm£35
This beginners sewing class is designed to help participants make more of a sewing machine, enhance basic sewing machine skills and is a natural a follow on class to our ‘Beginners Sewing 1’ – introduction to using a sewing machine or for those who already have some basic sewing machine skills but would like to learn some new skills.
Through this class participants will develop the confidence in inserting zips, making buttonholes and adding bias binding whilst creating your own stylish ‘Utility Roll’ designed by your teacher Barley Massey.
The skills covered in this morning session will then be put into practice in the afternoon’s class to create a simple garment fitted to your body – ‘Make a simple & stylish skirt or shorts’. A discount is offered when you book the full day or have block booked Beginners Sewing 1 & 2 !
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
– Understand how to use different accessories that accompany domestic sewing machines, such as zipper, buttonhole feet.
– Stitch different sizes and styles of buttonholes.
– 2 ways of attaching a zip (visible and covered)
– Apply a bias binding to embellish and finish a raw edge.
– Create your own stylish ‘Utility Roll’ (suitable for your sewing notions, make up, pencils/brushes etc)
PRICE: £35 (1/2 day) or £60 (full day) or £110 (beginners sewing 1 & 2 block booking)
You can book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)