- This event has passed.
Beginners Knitting 1
April 20 @ 2:30 am - 5:00 pm£35
Our Beginners Knitting (Parts 1 & 2 & 3) have been specifically developed to meet the needs of those wishing to take the first steps into the world of knitting. These classes will not only introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting but also to practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Barley Massey who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise!
If you are already have basic knitting skills but wish to progress some aspects of your knitting you may want to join part 2 or 3. Classes can be booked individually (£35) or we offer a discount if you book all 3 sessions (£90)
Beginners Knitting Part 1: Saturday 20th April:
– Understand the relationship between wool and needle sizes.
– Make a Slip knot, use ‘thumb’ and ‘knitting on’ methods of casting on.
– Complete a plain stitch.
– Introduce a new ball of wool or new colour.
– Cast off and sew in loose ends.
Beginners Knitting Part 2: Saturday 27th April:
– Complete a purl stitch.
– Understand how to combine plain & purl stitch to create new stitches, eg: stocking stitch, ribbing and moss stitch.
– Create shaping through increasing and decreasing stitches
Beginners Knitting Part 3: Saturday 4th May:
– Decode relevant knitting pattern terms and abbreviations
– Understand the importance of tension squares.
– Follow individual patterns.
– Recognise and rectify any mistakes made while following the pattern.
– Utilise finishing techniques including sewing and blocking.
PRICE: £35 (per class) or £90 ( part 1 -3 block booked) Includes a starter pack, top up yarns and refreshments.
You can also book directly with us at the shop or over the phone (and save on the online booking fee)
Please Note: The workshop will take place in the Fabrications studio (which is downstairs from the shop via 12 steps)