We want to reassure you of the measures we have put in place to keep You and Fabrications staff safe during these uncertain times. We are following advice from the government and the World Health Organisation.
WASH N WEAR MASKS FOR SALE:
Barley has been making re usable face coverings since March. Her pattern follows the “Fu” style mask (a bit like a cycling mask) which gives nice “breathing room”. They are made up of the recommended 3 layers – 2 densely woven cotton + 1 layer of lightweight ‘batting’ made from cotton and soya (acting as a filter). The natural fibres are breathable and won’t cause “Maskne” – a new term used for skin breakouts caused by the polyester, throw away masks. Barley’s masks can be washed by hand or in the machine and are long lasting. We are selling 2 for £15 to encourage regular washing. We use a soft knitted type elastic which we thread through channels enabling elastic to be replenished at a later date if needed. The elastic is also left untied so you can get a good fit and choose whether to have elastic going around the back of the head or over the ears. Fabrics used are recycled bed sheets, shirts, dhotis and off cuts and washed before production starts. The masks are made to a high standard of sewing but are not medical grade. Masks can be purchased in our shop or mail order. We can also produce childrens or custom masks. It looks like face coverings are going to be with us for some time!
IN OUR SHOP:
*The shop has re opened part time, currently Thursday, Friday & Saturday 11am – 5:30pm. We are happy to handle pre orders or postal requests on other days. Please text Barley on 07958 424 808.
– Customers must wear a face mask inside the shop otherwise we can serve you at the doorway. We are selling our own handmade Wash n Wear masks ( 2 for £15)
– Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry to the shop.
– Only 2 customers inside the shop at any one time. Please be mindful of the 2m social distancing rule
– Please avoid unnecessary handling of goods. We are happy to take products down from the shelves to show you and offer advice and suggestions.
– Please make contact less payments where possible.
– We would like to Thank You for your patience and understanding. We are also very grateful for your custom and support.
IN OUR CLASSES:
– We are slowly re introducing our programme of classes and adapting our teaching methods to avoid close contact. Class sizes are now reduced to 4 participants with a re organised workroom to allow for social distancing.
– Students book in on the understanding that if they develop any Covid-19 related symptoms before the class that they inform us and do not attend (this would not affect your ability to re book) Please try to inform us as soon as possible to allow for someone else to attend
– Students must wear a face mask on arrival
– Encouragement of regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser
– The teacher will use a plastic visor during the class. These will also be provided for students, but you can also wear your own mask.
– Weather permitting, we will aim to keep the studio back door open for ventilation
– Separate ‘kits’ of tools / materials to prevent students sharing items (these will be quarantined and sanitised after use or kept by student if included with the class)
– We will not provide refreshments at this time. Students advised to bring their own drinking bottle.
– We are thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, tools and touch points.